Monday, March 11, 2013

Chicken Alfredo and Penne

This variation on a home-cooking classic has a rich savory flavor that lingers on your tongue. Depending on how much Parmesan you use, the umami component can be varied from slight to intense.

For this dish I was in somewhat of a predicament. I wanted to make a delicious dinner, but I didn't have a lot of time. I found some store-bought Alfredo sauce, but I hate how runny that sauce can be. It never sticks to the noodles, and I end up eating plain noodles with Alfredo soup underneath. Yuck! So, I decided to spiff it up.

Ingredients
 -Store-bought Alfredo sauce
 -Grated Parmesan cheese
 -Shredded mozzarella
 -Chopped chicken tenders
 -Creamy Cesar salad dressing
 -Penne noodles
 -Broccoli
 -Margarine
 -Salt



I had already marinated and cooked the chicken tenders with the creamy Cesar salad dressing the day before, so that really cut down on the preparation time for this dish. I made sauce by combining the store-bought Alfredo, Parmesan, mozzarella, and chopped chicken tenders. I mixed it all together and let it simmer while the noodles cooked. While the sauce and noodles cooked, I steamed the broccoli with some margarine and salt. Then I tossed the noodles with the sauce and plated it with a bit of broccoli on top. I'll admit the presentation isn't phenomenal (definitely not my forte), but, according to my wife, it was "cheesy awesome."


No comments:

Post a Comment